- About us
- Livelihood & Sustainability
- Get Involved
- News & Events
A Dialog Among:
Dr. ISSAC MATHAI, M.D.(Hom.), M.R.C.H. (Lond.), Chairman/Managing & Medical Director,
SOUKYA, International Holistic Health Center
Prof. VAIDYA KARTAR SINGH DHIMAN, Director General, Central Council for Research in
Ayurvedic Sciences, under the Ministry of AYUSH
This webinar will be featured by two eminent speakers in the field of Ayurveda, Yoga, and traditional healthcare for holistic living. These local remedies have served rural and urban populations for centuries and form the basis for the Prime Minister’s AYUSH Program which stands for Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. These practices, mostly followed by over 800 million people in India, are also finding favor in many western countries with increased emphasis on plant-based diets and products like coconut oil, turmeric, etc that are flooding mainstream food markets. The webinar will explore:
1. Ministry of AYUSH policies and mission for developing education, research, and propagation of indigenous, alternative medicine systems.
2. What policy considerations, infrastructure improvements, knowledge dissemination, supply chain modifications, and skills development are to be expected to address the growing demand for traditional healthcare practices and for promoting rural entrepreneurship?
3. How can India preserve traditional practices, retain intellectual property, and capture innovation while the rest of the world seeks to embrace these systems?
4. Can technology help to scale AYUSH through skills development, certification processes, and adopting legal and ethical frameworks for practitioners?
Please join us on Friday, June 12th 2020, from 10am to 11:30am (US EST), 7:30pm to 9pm (IST) to participate in a lively discussion.
Upon registration, you may send your questions in advance to email@example.com Attendees will also be able to post their questions during the webinar. You can join the webinar 15 min early (i.e. 9:45 AM ET OR 7:15 PM IST) to watch the slide show on WGF activities and related project videos. Past webinars have stressed the importance of collaboration among NGOs to scale operations and increase the impact. For more information visit: www.wheelsglobal.org